Everyone in the organization will benefit from innovation, even CIOs. Technology managers can't afford to ignore Web 2.0 collaboration technologies, such as blogs, social networking, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and converged communications. Take a look at five innovations that you should not miss even when you are in upper management such as:
- "Blogs Away" with new communication techniques – more CXOs are taking advantage of this important Web 2.0 innovation.
- Social Networking – It's not just for kids! – At the core are software from Google (like AJAZ and Google Mashup Editor) and Microsoft products (like Popfly and Silverlight).
- Unified communications – Microsoft Office Communication Server and Cisco's Unified IP phones are leading the charge.
- A rolling MOSS gathers no stones- MOSS can be views as either a challenge to manage for IT shops or an important innovation catalyst for business processes.
- AAA: Anytime, Anywhere, Anybody – there is no place to hide, unless you press the Off button.
Read the entire article by Jack Santos on CIO here.